Friday, May 22, 2009

The Other Wife pg 1. Change of Perspective

As we walked into the restaurant the maitre'd suggested a fine spot to sit right next to the window. It looked beautiful and I really wanted to sit there.
"Come on Marc, It'll be like having lunch on a boat on the water.." I was heading over towards the window when suddenly Marc tightened his grip on my arm severely. It was frightening in a way. Never have I felt him grip me so hard. So just as he had wanted we walked over to the middle of the room in the center of all the people. I was a bit uncomfortable but Marc wanted that so, of course I listened.
"I'll tell you darling. Let me order lunch first. Would you like the shrimp? Or the eggs in aspic?" He was smiling at me in such a way that I couldn't disagree.
"Whatever you like, you know that."
I let him order my food for me. Again. But i suppose thats ok. Afterall, he is my man and I need to do what he wants. After ordering Marc looked at me with those big eyes of his; I was completely infatuated. Then he commenced to tell me that i had put on weight! Ha! How rude! But, i can't say anything to him about it. He would get angry with me and in the middle of a restaurant.. That wouldn't be the best thing.
"Why did you keep me from taking the place next to the window" I asked Marc. It was quite frustrating. Apparently, We were about to sit next to is ex wife. I had never met her before but I feel that she knew who I was. She was watching us and I just tried to avoid her eyes. I had no idea what to think.. Just fifteen months aggo she had been my husband's wife.

1 comment:

  1. I liked this blog post alot. It had good insight into the character. It showed good understanding of what the character stood for as well. You mentioned how she was frightened by the grip that marc put on her, which shows that she was submissive. However, my only critique is that choosing the wife seems predictable.

    ReplyDelete